Thursday, December 15, 2011

City of Lights

While my camera isn't the best for catching movement, I did manage to get a few photos of the holidazzle parade in Minneapolis. The theme this year was fairy tales and below is Ryan's favorite, Pinocchio! 


A few days after Ryan played the drums with the retired Minneapolis police, he had a holiday concert with his symphonic band in one of the richest counties in MN, Edina. His band, South of the River Community Band, does three holiday concerts during the season. It's great to see Ryan keep up with his drumming. Hopefully I can get him to write one of these blog entries and talk about his drumming plans.


The city of Minneapolis is beautiful, especially at night. The best part about moving around the city is that in the winter you do not have to go outside. There are skyways everywhere to walk around without braving the freezing weather. I love Michigan, and always will, but I love my twin cities too. If only we had teleportation. Then maybe I would never leave. 


Until next time, keep calm, carry on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment